SWOT and PESTLE Analysis of Apple
A brief introduction
The protagonist of this article needs no introduction. Apple, a brand which is now synonymous with technology is an American multinational technology company that has changed the game for many tech-freaks in the past few years.
Apple founded 42 years ago in the year 1976 by two college dropouts Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak with its headquarters at Cupertino, California. From since then, Apple is the leading brand that designs, develops and sells electronics, software and online services. With its current CEO as Tim Cook Apple has a net worth of about 4964 billion.
Apple is a brand which regarding revenue and services has dethroned many other leading companies. And regarding assets apple leads in the mobile phone manufacturing sector because it has its homologous nature which differs it from android or windows.
SWOT Analysis of Apple
SWOT is an acronym for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunity and threats. This analysis evaluates the entire effects of micro and macro environmental factors and interprets it carefully to assess the development and performance of the company to succeed.
• Influencing and productive marketing team that leaves no stone unturned in reaching out the customers.
• High brand value and reputation in the tech market.
• Tremendous sales growth.
• Cardinal pioneer of leading technologies.
• Higher price.
• Low preference for screen size.
• Incompatibility of different Operating Software.
• Sinking market shares.
• Influential cloud-based services.
• iPhones and iPads are a hit in the communication sphere.
• High-end products.
• Scope in the Commonwealth countries.
• Fiercely losing market competition due to high prices.
• Ruined reputation because of low tax perspectives.
• Fault in IP rights.
• Customers are switching to Android.
PESTLE is the acronym of six factors that affect the growth and development of the company externally unlike SWOT which works internally. These factors include Political, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental factors. There are a few of these factors which are described below:
• Apple is a symbolized as an accessory of higher social status.
• Suicide case against Apple’s biggest supplier, Foxconn.
• The ban on Tim Cook in Russia.
• Political threats to China.
• Hiked chances of a terrorist attack.
• Rising value of US Dollar is forcing the exchange rates to increase enormously.
• Environmental factors include global warming and pollution concerns too.
All this SWOT and PESTLE Analysis signifies that Apple is more on the positive side and with skin-deep creativity and a bit if rectification of past mistakes, Apple can again be the unmatched brand in the market.
Click here to know about various other aspects in which Courseworktutors aims to provide help.